Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Highlights of the Hecho en Dallas Show

This is what the book Hecho en Tejas has created. The writers and artists in the anthology have been working on this show for the past two years. Here you can see just a few of the highlights of the two-hour literary fest. The crowds Hecho brings in have been no less than 200 people. Imagine 200 Mexican Americans in a room digging the arts. It’s a beautiful thing. What is also beautiful is the array of talent Hecho offers, mixing the old with the new and allowing the new to shine, our future to spring forth.






Hecho en Tejas-Dallas event from Rick on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

damn - this is great!

I'm going to show it in my class!

So glad to have found you - and thanks for finding me! It goes like that sometimes. Here we are.

Christine said...

Good. This is what these shows are meant for an education.

I can't remember where I found you I think it was Reyes Cardenas blog. I enjoy your blog very much.